When a text is proofread, it is checked for typographical, spelling and grammatical errors. When a text is edited, it is also checked for style and coherence.
If you have a German text for publication, I can gladly review it for typographical, spelling and grammatical errors. And I can also edit it if need be.
Generally, I only edit German texts. If you have a French or English text for proofreading, I can pass it on to a qualified native speaker.
Why is proofreading so important?
- The Microsoft Word spell checker does not recognize context and so does not detect all errors
- Too many errors can negatively affect the grade of a bachelor thesis, master thesis, diploma thesis, etc.
- A flawless cover letter increases the chances of getting a job
- Errors can be detrimental, causing companies to lose customers and revenue
- Correct spelling reflects the integrity of a newspaper publishing company, etc.
- Products are easier to sell if accompanied by an accurate description
Among others, I proofread the following types of text: